Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2014

Finally! A break in the rain and I was finally able to take some pictures of my most recent finish just in time to post for Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2014:

Verum Viridi, front

This is from the Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. pattern, "True Blue". Since I chose to do mine in greens, I went ahead and named it "Verum Viridi" which, according to Google, is Latin for "True Green."

Verum Viridi, side-front

Anyway, there's lots of green in this one! And-- even better-- lots of stash used! The quilt measures about 80" x 80".

Verum Viridi, back

Through the center, I quilted leafy branches all over, inspired by the tutorial from A Few Scraps (she has so many awesome tutorials and ideas!!!).

Verum Viridi, detail back

Then I went into the first border and did a wavy thing... it is very inconsistent, but as there is so much inconsistency, it kind of looks like it is supposed to be that way. So I figure that works. Ha! The thread used in the center and inner border was Aurifil 50/2 in Light Sand (#2000)-- which was perfect as there was lots of layered stitching in some areas, and it never got too heavy looking.

Verum Viridi, corner detail

Finally, in the outer border, I used a darker thread (Aurifil 50/2 in Sandstone #2370) and just did some straight lines to emphasize the piano key piecing action. I did the straight lines free-motion and actually used a ruler to help guide me as I stitched. It worked surprisingly well!

Verum Viridi, label

And the label... hoping my Latin is okay! Perhaps I should have gotten my Latin textbook from college out to confirm?

Verum Viridi, front again

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my entry. Have fun exploring all of the entries at Blogger's Quilt Festival!

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2014 hosted by Amy's Creative Side, button

5 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! I've not seen this pattern before and your subtle use of many different green tones works beautifully, as do the borders. A wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt Robin! I love your green! That's a lot of pieces. :) Thanks for showing your label. I'm guilty of not labeling. I like your care instructions on the label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! that quilt is gorgeous and I love the color! I really like the how the diagonal lines through the little pinwheels create movement in the quilt. Congrats on a wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. I love the color and the pattern. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! I also have this pattern from many years ago and I think it's time to pull it out and make finally make it. We need a new everyday quilt for our bed and I've been trying to decide what pattern I want to make. You've inspired me yet again!!

    ReplyDelete