Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dreaming and deciding...

Having successfully completed a couple of projects recently, and also feeling wildly inspired by the diversity and creativity currently on display in Blogger's Quilt Festival, I'm feeling the itch to start something new. And the itch is strong. So yesterday I spent more than a little time in my crafty den perusing fabrics and patterns.

the patterns that jumped out at me

These are the patterns that kind of jumped out at me initially... I guess I'm leaning toward something scrappy and stash-busting? Hmmm...

my next project???

But then I saw this pattern and thought of all those green fabrics I have from my Jane Stickle quilt. Oh, look... I managed to even put together a nice fabric grouping there too! How cool would this be in greens? You don't need to answer. I KNOW it would be awesome.

But then I remember the projects in process...

Spring Mystery Quilt, clue #5 complete

...like the the final clue of the Spring Mystery Quilt (pictured above) that I haven't yet completed; the Fall Mystery Quilt that I've finally got basted that needs to be quilted; the final two Harrington & Hannah blocks I have yet to prep; the Jane Stickle that awaits more hand quilting; the fabric I cut for a new dress; the next baby quilt in the queue to be planned; the boxes of projects; the pile of flimsies... you get the idea.

My husband saw me pulling out fabrics and such last night and asked what I was up to. I told him I was thinking about starting something new. He raised his eyebrows at me and suggested that I might be better off working on one of my existing projects.

UFO guilt. It is strong. It is mighty. It is... practical? reasonable? And I really ought to just finish what I started, right?

Sigh...

So I dream of quilts-to-be. As to what I will decide... we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I say you can work on two projects at the same time. LOL Oh, yes, those greens would be so great done in that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a high from starting new projects but there is nothing as satisfying as finishing a UFO.

    ReplyDelete