Saturday, January 5, 2013

New year, new project #1

While I work on quilting Kevin and Colby's wedding quilt, I am also starting work on my first new project of the year-- a happy, girly baby quilt!

fabrics for my Birthday Cake Quilt for baby Julia

The nursery is going to be fuchsia and grey, so that is what I'm going with for baby's quilt. I'm using a pattern from Elizabeth Hartman called the "Birthday Cake Quilt." I think the colors really lend themselves to this modern quilt design.

So far I've managed to complete most of the cutting. Once I get to a good stopping point on the wedding quilt, I'll start the piecing on this new project. The baby shower is in just three weeks, so I need to get crackin'!

Edited to Add: It's not me! The baby quilt is for a friend's baby. :)

2 comments:

  1. For a second I thought you were announcing a baby girl in your future. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thought the boys were going to have a sister. pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete