Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simplicity 3697-- muslin #2

For my second muslin of Simplicity 3697, I went ahead and lengthened the bodice front top and the front band.

S3697-- lengthening top and band
Frankly, I'm not sure if it is an improvement or not.

S3697-- muslin 2
My initial response (after trying it on at 1 a.m. last night) was definite fail. But looking at it this morning, I'm not sure. It seems to look a little droopier in the cup area and I'm wondering if I should go back to version 1 and experiment first with just doing a bigger FBA on the top. I may still want to lengthen, but version 2 makes me think I may not need to if I make the bust area in the top section more roomy.

S3697 muslins 1 and 2
Any thoughts?

I think my next step will be to go back to version one and do a bigger FBA on top and see how that looks.

Lots of trial and error... hopefully it pays off!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe spread the gathering under the bust? It seems like the droop might be due to all of the draping being so centered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless is is due to wearing a different bra, the first one deffinately fits better! Unless there is a happy medium...I amy not know a LOT about sewing, but I was a mgr in retail (Lane Bryant) for 7 years and I do know a little about right and wrong fit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your smile in the first pic :)

    ReplyDelete