Looking back at my posts, I was shocked to see that the previous block was completed last March. Whoa. Time really does fly!
This one took me a couple of weeks to complete. I think my biggest hangup was the size of the pieces. I'm really just not into appliqueing large chunks. From rear to front, the car measures 20.5" and is 9.5" tall. The steering wheel and grille were also pretty challenging because of the narrow sections on each.
- Vinyl overlay (for positioning pieces on the background)
- Needleturn with freezer paper on top
- Freezer paper + starch (for the large wheel pieces)
- Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Cirlces (for the smaller wheel pieces)
- Backstitch embroidery (I'm kind of wishing I had used the stem stitch because I'm better at that and think it would have looked smoother... oh, well.)
The top two thirds are fully assembled now (though I still need to applique a couple more floaty balls and the pull for the elephant's wagon). Only two more blocks to go!