Friday, December 19, 2008

Gettin' my craft on!

I can't believe it's already been a week since my last post. Time really seems to fly by this time of year! I spent most of the last week though recovering from the same cold I was struggling with the previous week. Thankfully, I'm finally feeling more-or-less myself again. Yay! I think after getting through the holiday family party last Saturday (which was a lot of fun!), my body decided to kind of decompress and relapsed back into illness for a bit.

Anyway, last night was my Bunko group's annual holiday gathering. We played a couple of rounds and then did a gift exchange. This year, I went a more handcrafted route and made a basket (à la Pink Penguin):

bunko basket
The basket came together so quickly and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

Of course, then I had to fill it up with some stuff, including this cute little bird ornament from Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson:

bunko blue bird
I put a penny in this picture to give some scale. I didn't realize when I decided to make it exactly how tiny this little birdie is. So cute! And it took me about an hour to make. It was really a quick and simple project (which is good since I truly did make it at the last minute!). I'm definitely going to be trying some of the other projects from this book.

Also in the basket was a mix CD (I even made the label), a pretty glass votive candle holder (with a simple, unscented candle), and a beautiful bar of handmade soap I found at local market.

gift basket components

And then all assembled:

assembled gift basket
The recipient seemed to be very happy when she opened it. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment