So after the frenzy that was Halloween costume sewing, I got a treat for me: a day to quilt! On November 1, I got to attend one of my guild's quilt-the-day-away events. Woo! I was able to complete the center of a small wall quilt (need to get pics of that one) and I (finally!) started to work on my Heather Spence Designs Fall 2013 Mystery Quilt.
That day, I was able to complete 1 of the twelve blocks. I know that doesn't doesn't sound like a lot, but I did have the 48 sections for all of the blocks complete... I just only managed to actually get four of those sewn together to create the one block. Over the course of the last week, I've managed to piece together the rest as well as add all but the final border:
Technically, this wasn't exactly a "mystery" to me, as I had seen many of the in progress pics of other mystery quilters. But, I did go with my initial planned fabrics that I chose way back when the mystery quilt fabric requirements were announced. So even though I had foreknowledge, I didn't cheat! LOL!
Now to decide on my border fabric...