Simplicity 4076. It was truly a quick and easy project (6 seams!) and I'm absolutely thrilled with the results.
I've been eating better and exercising regularly, and in the last 6 months, I've lost 35 pounds. Yay, me! :) But now much of my wardrobe practically falls off of me. On the one hand, that is awesome. On the other, I feel dumpy all of the time because my clothes don't fit. So I've decided to start re-inventing my wardrobe a little bit at a time. I figured a simple shirt would be a good start.
Because I can't really sew any kind of top right out of the envelope, I had to take a little bit of time to do some alterations. These took longer than the actual sewing did!
In the picture above, I've tried to outline the alterations I made. I started with the size 18 of View C based on my upper bust measurement and then did a full-bust adjustment of 1.5" (using the method described in the book, Fit for Real People by Pati Palmer and Maria Alto). Because the design didn't have a side dart, and I didn't want to add one, I decided to rotate the dart that was created in the FBA over to the neckline. Since the neckline is gathered, I knew I could take up the extra fabric there pretty easily without adding any additional darts. Then I went ahead and lengthened the top by 2" (as a number of reviews I read mentioned that the top is on the short side-- and I don't like short tops!).
Here's the finished top: