Tuesday, February 18, 2014

And another!

Still feeling determined to use up the dreaded roll o' fabric, I jumped into another project last weekend. Today I have another completed top:

Boxed In quilt top from Skip the Borders

This is another design from Skip the Borders by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts. It is called "Boxed In." Putting it together took me a little longer than I expected (I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me that sewing 384 little squares together would not take time... but it didn't. Ha!), but it was worth it. I'm really pleased with the result. Just look at how crazy bright and happy it is!!! It still needs to be trimmed to square-off the edges, but I plan to do that after quilting it.

I've got to say, I am really diggin' Ms. Herman's book! There are so many appealing designs with very clear, easy-to-follow instructions. There is actually another design in there that I've already pulled fabrics from the stash to make-- but that one will have to wait a bit. I'm still feeling the drive to use up this roll. I have a plan in mind and a fresh pile of fabric to make it happen:

happy pile of bright colored Kona solids

I picked up these lovely Kona solids from Pink Chalk Fabrics last week. So happy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the bright colours! I need to get me her book! I love her patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love your new top and the solids sure are pretty. They speak of spring which is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete