Monday, January 24, 2022

Rediscovery

It has been awhile! I have crafted here and there over the last few years-- sewing the occasional costume, clothing, gifts... but making has definitely been on the periphery and blogging off the radar all together. I was a dedicated mom and volunteered and that consumed the bulk of my free time. 

The tides have turned in the last year, and I am finding myself back in a place where I have creative energy, and the time and desire to make... and to document!

Last night I was attempting to dig through the chaos that my quilt cave had become and I stumbled across an old UFO (Un-Finished Object):


It is an embroidered work-in-progress of a Crabapple Hill design. I can't actually remember when I got it or why I stopped working on it. But I've decided I'm going to start on it again, and I want to mark the occasion for posterity (i.e., my failing memory).

So-- this is where I'm starting from:

I have done a little bit at the end, "...les & ca" just to see if I can replicate the stitching... it took a couple letters, but I think I've got it now.
 
On to stitching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment